Tuesday, July 25, 2006

city sketch


A quick one.
I think untill the end of this month , i'm going to swamped with work.
For those who are interested.
I'm working on a bunch of video games right now.
I use to do a lot of the actual concept art, backgrounds, characters, stroryboards, animations, etc etc.., but, lately, because of the amount of games, I've been mostly overseeing other great artist's work.

It's an interesting position.
It's a little gratifying because i'm (in theory) ahead of the game, and a little frustrating because I don't get to do any art at all.
hmmm...
's just for a while though....I keep telling myself this..

just for a bit...


so.. here's a BART sketch( the BART is the public transportation system we have here, in San Francisco)
It takes me from the Embarcadero to the east bay, where I work.

6 comments:

RuinedJoke68 said...

really cool sketch, you made realistic objects have style,and thats hard to do.

Unknown said...

awesome sketch!

bobby casumbal said...

sweetness! i'm glad i found ya here!

pascal said...

Thanks guys!
Bobby.. so am I , so am I!

P.

Alan said...

HA! I know that feelin Pascal.

The key to surviving a manager heavy position is to do fun side/night projects. That's what I figured out anywayze.

Good seeing you at the Con. I'm flipping through Oogelye Boogeley right now. Love the soldier on page 43!

pascal said...

oh yeah.. that soldier..
that was a nice afternoon "sketch fight" with my friend kevin, actually.
One of them is me the other is kev, and we were trying to "speedpaint" predator type warriors in flash.
Ahhhh... the good old days...last year.
lol

thanks Alan!